Some of the key features identified by Nelson and McCartney are as follows:
- Potential in the order of magnitude of 100 million tonnes or more of leachable copper at 0.6 to 1.25% copper with a strip ratio which could be <0.5 / 1 (waste/ore).
- Copper leach testing commissioned by Geomet S.A. of Chile indicated recoveries of 85 to 90%.
- Power is currently available within 50 kilometres of the property but planned installations could decrease this distance considerably. Hydro potential within the property is also a possibility.
- Exploration recommendations are for infill drilling and additional metallurgical testing.
- Located 100 km by air from the coastal city of Chiclayo and 10 kilometres from a major highway with current dirt road access.
- The leachable zone is hypogene chalcocite which represents a hypogene high sulfidation enrichment of a larger mineralized porphyry system.
- A larger potential for 320 million tonnes at ~0.5% copper includes a chalcopyrite zone below the enriched chalcocite zone which could also be a target for eventual low strip ratio production with floatation or sulfide leach process.
- Two additional poorly explored mineralized porphyry targets (Canariaco Sur and Quebrada Verde) occur on the property
- The deposit lies 25 km northwest of La Granja, (recently acquired by Billiton) at the north end of the Cajamarca District, a major cluster of significant porphyry copper (+/- gold) and high sulfidation gold deposits extending over 165 km which includes La Granja, Tantahuatay and Yanacocha.
Knight Piesold Ltd., Engineering Consultants, have been contracted to review available data and conduct a site visit to locate potential sites for heap leaching and to identify any obvious obstacles to developing an SX-EW mine infrastructure on the property.
Candente Resource Corp. www.candente.com is actively exploring and holds interests in epithermal gold, disseminated copper-gold and VMS prospects in Peru. For more information contact us at (604) 689-1957 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARDS OF DIRECTORS
"Joanne Freeze", P. Geo., President & CEO
Candente Resource Corp.
The Canadian Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.