Release No. 34
Candente Resource Corp. (Candente) is pleased to announce that a trenching and pitting program has commenced on the Lunahuaná Property (formerly named Columbia) located in Central Peru.
- An extensive program of trenching and pitting has commenced over the Western Gold Zone where gold geochemical anomalies (up to 0.67 grams per tonne (gpt)) are associated with an intense geophysical (IP) anomaly
- Geophysics indicates that the Western Gold Zone appears to be a highly altered and mineralized volcanic-sedimentary unit and recent field work has confirmed that the zone is hosted by porous volcanic and sedimentary rocks. These are the same kind of rocks that host Peru's low cost gold producing mines, Yanacocha and Pierina.
- The geophysics also indicates that the Western Gold Zone has a minimum thickness of 50 metres and could well exceed 100 metres in thickness, both of which are considered ample thickness' for a bulk tonnage mine.
- The goal of the trenching and pitting program is to expose the zone as much as possible over it's known lateral extent of 1.2 km by 700 metres. Although the target zone may be up to 10 metres below the surface, it is anticipated that it will be less in places and that trenching and pitting may be able to expose the top of the zone in places.
- The field program is expected to take approximately six weeks, a short break will be taken for Christmas. Samples will be submitted to the ALS Chemex lab in Lima on a timely basis and results will be reported appropriately.
- The next target to be investigated on the Lunahuaná property is a fourth gold zone containing anomalous levels of gold up to 1.14 gpt, in C horizon soils, 5 kilometres east of the Western Gold Zone.
Candente is a junior exploration company focused on the acquisition, exploration and development of world class gold and copper projects in Peru.
For more information visit www.candente.com and call us at (604) 689-1957 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
"Joanne C. Freeze"
Joanne Freeze, P. Geo., President & CEO
Candente Resource Corp.
The Canadian Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.