Candente Resource Corp. CDNX:DNT (Candente) is pleased to announce that a new gold zone has been found on the Lunahuana Property (formerly called Columbia Property) located in Central Peru.
- A new gold zone with anomalous levels of gold, up to 1.05 grams per tonne (gpt), has been detected in C horizon soils
- The new gold zone lies 1.5 kilometres (kms) east of previously defined gold anomalies and indicates a minimum extent of 6.5 kms to the gold mineralizing system
- Of 34 samples collected over an 850 metre length, in the new gold zone, ten samples exceed 100 ppb (0.1 gram per tonne -- gpt) and three samples exceed 0.5 gpt
- West of the new gold zone, three drill targets with potential for bulk tonnage gold and gold-copper deposits have been delineated by extensive geophysical (Induced Polarization - IP) anomalies and associated gold or gold-copper surface geochemistry
- Recent field work has confirmed that the western most drill target is hosted in porous volcanic and sedimentary rocks amenable to replacement by bulk tonnage style alteration and mineralization. IP data indicates this target zone has a minimum extent of 1.2 km by 700 metres, a minimum thickness of 50 metres and could well exceed 100 metres in thickness and lies within 10 metres of surface. Gold anomalies of up to 0.67 gpt occur in C horizon soils over this zone.
- Geophysics has not yet been carried out in the area of the new gold zone
Candente is an exploration company with world class projects in Peru. Current exploration focus is on delineating gold drill targets on the Lunahuana gold-copper and the El Tigre epithermal gold properties.
For more information visit http://www.candente.com and call us at (604) 689-1957 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
"Joanne C. Freeze"
Joanne Freeze, P. Geo., President & CEO
Candente Resource Corp.
The Canadian Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.